Saturday, January 14, 2017

Why I Took TINST 475

For a long time now, I have been interested in being an entrepreneur. But for the most part it was never anything more than just interest or curiosity. Over time though, I have become more and more inclined to pursue a career path of an entrepreneur. When I got the opportunity to intern for a large well-known company, it actually helped me realize that I definitely do not see myself working for someone else for the rest of my life.

Wealth potential is another huge factor. When you start working for a company, you start out making pretty decent money (kinda). Your pay will increase over years, but only so slowly. The ceiling for salary is very low. Being a business owner or entrepreneur, your ceiling is almost completely unlimited! Nothing restricts you from making twice as much money as you did last year. This sort of growth is simply not possible with traditional day jobs.

Now, being that I have decided that I want the life of a entrepreneur, going forwarded I needed a way to make that dream a reality. Every time I get a chance to talk to a business owner, I always bombard them with questions so I can try to piece together what it takes to create those types of opportunities for myself. The more I talk to people though, the more I realize how much I don't know. I am more than eager to learn as much as I can about this field, as I'm convinced you can never know it all (especially when it comes to technology entrepreneurship). From Day 1 of this class, after hearing Andrew speak about what the class would entail and his brief introduction to his past businesses, I became even more excited to listen and participate in this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment