Thursday, March 9, 2017

Entrepreneur Of The Day: Shadrach White


This week we had our guest speaker, Shadrach White, come and speak to us. He is the founder of CloudPwr, a Tacoma-local company that focuses on offering cloud computing services to government agencies. I personally enjoyed Shadrach’s talk the most out of everyone we listened to. I’m not sure if this was because he had such an interested story developing into who he is today, or just because he is simply enjoyable to listen to. His words about where he began really surprised me. The fact that one day he realized he did not want to work a 9-5 job his whole life, and just got up and changed that is incredible. This is a huge barrier I think for a majority of people who haven’t become entrepreneurs yet so it was inspiring to hear from someone firsthand. I also really resonated with Shadrach when he spoke about being a “revenue hawk”. I think this is something I have innately built inside me, because I always get hung up on how the finances will work out, or how we will make money, etc every time I think about starting a business with my friends. It was good to hear that this tendency I have to focus on this is rightly so. Although money is not everything in the business, without it you go nowhere. I also was really inspired to hear how strongly he believed in properly paying his debts, even if he might have been able to weasel out of them like his ex-partner did. Those kinds of core values and morals are becoming harder to find these days. I hope that one day when I start my company, I have people like Shadrach by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment